After a hard day it is helpful to SMILE. There are 5 things I do when I feel like a hard day of work is intervening with the happiness of my home life.
- Leave my troubles at work– It is ok to be upset and tired from work, but don’t carry it home. My daughter always asks how my day was and I keep it brief. Me having a bad day is not her problem. We have to learn to separate work from home and not focus on the day we had.
- Unwind– I usually take a hot shower and recommend that the children do the same. I tell the kids to take off the work and school day germs. Water rejuvenates you and a refresh body helps refresh the mind.
- Enjoy dinner– eating a hearty dinner with light conversation always eases the tension of the day.
- Get off Social Media– I work on the computer all day so I try to minimize technology usage after work. I am not perfect and yes I still use my social media, but it’s getting much better. I’m still a work in progress!
- Do something Fun– I make it a habit to do something fun with the kids such as: baking cookies, going for a walk, going to the library, playing a board game or watching a movie. Doing something fun distracts you from thinking about the work day.
- Lastly, Laugh– laughter is good for the soul and when I want to get rid of a hard day of stress my children and I laugh. We are all goofy so anything can get us going!!!