So I know if you are a working/career mom you may be in a bit of a frenzy. It is already a lot preparing for Spring break, Summer Break and unexpected days off here and there. Yet, 3 whole weeks is a different battle!
Honey, parents all over the world are like, “WHAT IN THE HECK?”
Well, I want to give you a few tips to help you prepare for this week. Some tips that can help you find reliable care for your children. To give you peace in your mind and help maintain your sanity.
1. CO-PARENTING- This is the time to WORK TOGETHER! You are a family unit regardless of the situation. During a crisis families should stick together. Find a way to split time up so that the children can be in both of your care during this three week school hiatus. Be fair. Be fun!
2. GRANDPARENTS- Most grandparents love spending time with the grands. This is the time to send the kids with the grands (if you can)! I know a friend who is driving her kids a few cities away to be with their grandparents during this time. I know that my kids will be spending time with their grandparents during this time. I will be packing them up some food though. I don’t want them to get put out for eating everything, joking!
3. YOUR MAMA TRIBE/ FRIENDS- Do you have some moms who are at home? Stay at home moms? Or moms who work a different shift that would be willing to help out? Sometimes if you pay for help the results are much quicker. Most people need a little extra cash and would be willing to help during this emergency time. Keep in contact with your mama tribe, even if that means asking for suggestions.
4. WORK FROM HOME- If you are like me and work in Finance/ Accounting, you probably take a laptop home every night. Ask your Supervisor if he/she can accommodate you to work from home a few days if not the duration of this extended break. Let them know that you are going to still be able to give 100%. We want to encourage them to be willing to allow this courtesy and convenience. Obviously, you still have to be a strong performer despite the circumstances.
5. COMPANY RESOURCES- You work hard and your employer provides compensation and benefits. USE THEM! Get in contact with your HR representative and ask about extended leaves of absence, time off and benefits to accommodate you during emergencies. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!! I know the company that I work for is very family friendly. They provide a resource called Bright Horizons. Bright Horizon helps you find quality child care, Nannies and Nursing home facilities (elder family members) at a discount. Especially, during emergency circumstances. Reach out to find out how the company you work for can help you.
As always, I know that this will not help everyone. I am praying that we all get through this time happy and healthy. I also hope that you all will have some peace knowing that this too shall pass. Remember to stay positive, stay focused and stay committed. Love you all!
“The MOMMY MOTIVATOR”